Sacroiliac joint (SI joint) is the joint that connects the spine to the pelvis. At times SI joint can be the cause of pain. Pain from this joint is initially managed with medication, physical therapy, and activity modification. If these treatments do not provide pain relief, injections may be considered. The pain after SI joint injection at times lasts for a long period of time. The medicine is injected either inside the joint or around the sensory nerves to block the pain coming from the SI joint
Sacroiliac joint pain.
- You will lie with your face down.
- An intravenous line will be secured.
- The skin at the site of injections will be cleaned.
- The skin is numbed with medication.
- Under X-ray guidance, the nerves to the SI joint or the joint itself will be approached with fine needles near the spinal joints. A contrast material will be used to identify correct placement of the medicine into the joint.
- You may feel some pressure when the needles are inserted but the doctor will speak to you as the procedure is going on and reassuring you all the time.
- The medication is injected.
- The whole procedure takes around 30- 60 minutes.
Sacroiliac joint treatment | spine pain treatment | pelvis pain treatment | medication on back pain | physical therapy for spine |
in Mumbai | Kurla | Ghatkopar | Sion | Chembur | Thane | Mulund | Bhiwandi | Kalwa | Mumbra | Diva | Dombivali | Badlapur | Ambernath | Ulhasnagar