Medial branch refers to the nerves that carry pain signals from the spine joints. A medial branch block is an injection of chemicals that block this pain signal. It is often used as a diagnostic test used to help confirm the origin of pain,unlike the facet joint injection; the chemical is not injected into the facet joint. At time some steroid may also be added in the chemical to provide a long lasting relief.
Medial branch blocks are diagnostic back pain tests used to help verify, or rule out, a facet joint as a source of back pain or neck pain.
- You will lie with your face down.
- An intravenous line will be secured.
- The skin at the site of injections will be cleaned.
- The skin is numbed with medication.
- Under X-ray guidance, the median sensory branches will be approached with fine needles near the spinal joints.
- You may feel some pressure when the needles are inserted but the doctor will speak to you as the procedure is going on and reassuring you all the time.
- The medication is injected around the nerves.
- The whole procedure takes around 30- 60 minutes.
- You will be allowed to walk immediately
- The doctor will speak to you after the injection and assess your pain relief
- You may be able to go home couple hours after the procedure.
Medial branch block treatment | spine joints treatment | spine nerves treatment | facet joint injection | back pain treatment | spine pain treatment
in Mumbai | Kurla | Ghatkopar | Sion | Chembur | Thane | Mulund | Bhiwandi | Kalwa | Mumbra | Diva | Dombivali | Badlapur | Ambernath | Ulhasnagar